The MBUS (Magpul Back-Up Sight) is a low-cost, color injection molded, folding back-up sight.
The MBUS Front Sight is adjustable for elevation and fits all mil-spec 1913 Picatinny rail equipped weapons, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16/M4 platform.
The product-improved Gen 2 MBUS Front Sight features a slimmer profile for greater optics compatibility when in the folded position, while the front sight post now incorporates a spring lock for consistent elevation adjustment.
Made in U.S.A.
- Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
- Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
- Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
- Clamps to any standard mil-spec 1913 Picatinny railed hand guard and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
- Protective wings shield the standard A2 front sight post
NOTE: Cannot be mounted to a railed gas block due to excess heat issues. Front MBUS must be mounted to a railed fore end on the same plane as the receiver rail.